Wednesday, 13 April 2011

British fashion in Beijing

So on my day off today I tuned in at 1.30pm to see the Burberry's live stream from Beijing in celebration of the new concept store. It promised to be a marriage of fashion and music and a visual treat for my peepers. It did not let down.
There were holograms, 3d catwalks, screens everywhere you looked, all projecting a very british view of Burberry to the soundtrack of "24 hours from Tulsa", "Bang bang", "You don't have to say you love me", "You don't own me" and my personal favourite Adele's "Someone like you". The London skyline featured heavily both pre and during the show, focusing heavily on Big Ben and the London eye. Ending the show was Keane performing what seemed like their greatest hits, and for me personally, this was where an innovative celebration of British culture fell short. All in all, it was a very modern idea and Burberry have been at the forefront of incorporating the newest modern technology into their brand. (Lest not forget this year, we could pre-order clothes from the worldwide streamed autumn winter 2011 show, minutes after it was broadcast.) They showed that once again, they are the pioneers of British fashion and a much loved brand worldwide.














No comments:

Post a Comment