Monday, 14 March 2011

The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery


I found out today that I have been offered a place back at university to study for a PGCE.
I'm so happy, its unreal.
It's for secondary art & design and will last a year, and at the end of it I will be granted QTS (qualified teacher status).
It's a very big deal for me as last year was the worst year of my life so far, mainly because I had no direction and although i graduated with a grade from university i could be proud of, finding a job that satisfied me was a huge challenge. Not knowing what to do, and having one of those 'What am I going to do with my life?) moments, I began thinking about teaching.
For the first time in a long time, I have something to look forward to and something to work towards. And the fact that I can continue doing what I love, and inspire others is amazing. I'm very lucky.



No comments:

Post a Comment