Monday, 7 February 2011

Blue Valentine - Follow up


I'm not a film critic or a writer but this is what I thought....

Literally one of the saddest, most heart-wrenching films I have seen in a while, if not ever.
It is so painful to watch at points, because everything is so real. THIS is what happens in MOST relationships/marriages, and it's really really sad.

I don't know how Cianfrance did it but he manages to draw you right in, I actually felt her pain and then at the same time felt so bad for him.
Yet whilst all of this pain and hurt is going on, I was also appreciating the styling and the settings, the whole cinematography aspect of the film.

Rated 89% on Rotten tomatoes, this film is not a fun, easy watch. This film is an honest open piece of work that should be admired.



No comments:

Post a Comment